I’ve been busy reading up on facebook as part of the digital marketing campaign I’m working on and it is interesting to divulge in a little statistics from the press room of facebook.
The facebook statistics as below :-
- More than 500 million active users
- 50% of our active users log on to facebook in any given day
- Average user has 130 friends
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on facebook
- There are over 900 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups, events and community pages)
- Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
- Average user creates 90 pieces of content each month
- More than 30 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month.
- More than 70 translations available on the site
- About 70% of facebook users are outside the United States
- Over 300,000 users helped translate the site through the translations application
- More than one million developers and entrepreneurs from more than 180 countries
- Every month, more than 70% of facebook users engage with Platform applications
- More than 550,000 active applications currently on facebook Platform
- More than one million websites have integrated with facebook Platform
- More than 150 million people engage with facebook on external websites every month
- Two-thirds of comScore’s U.S. Top 100 websites and half of comScore’s Global Top 100 websites have integrated with facebook
- There are more than 200 million active users currently accessing facebook through their mobile devices.
- People that use facebook on their mobile devices are twice as active on facebook than non-mobile users.
- There are more than 200 mobile operators in 60 countries working to deploy and promote Facebook mobile products
Source : Facebook (as of 12 Nov 2010)
Facebook has over 500 million active users with more than 50% logging into facebook at least once a day!
- WORLDOMETER [http://www.worldometers.info/]
The world statistics are updated in real time. Here, you can get the world’s population, statistics related to government & economics, society & media, environment, food, water, energy, health etc. From this site, I found out that the world has 15,363 days left before the world oil resources end. Alarming, right? And in one day, 13,500++ people die of hunger.
- ALL FACEBOOK STATS [http://statistics.allfacebook.com/applications]
You can get statistics for top applications and top pages in facebook. The current top application has over 55 Million MAU (Monthly Active Users)! These stats can be a benchmark if you are an application developer.